Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bracketry, Gauges and Exhaust

Because the hard top mounts I ordered were too thick to fit betwixt the roll cage and the body I had to make my own.  I soon found out how sub-par fabrication skills were.  I am not proud of the mounts you see below, but they should still get the job done.





I plumbed the water temp gauge and test fit the oil pressure gauge.  Looks pretty  good.  I still need to order a passenger side airbag cover and perhaps refine my radio panel cover.


Drove the car to Rivian to install the Springfield Dyno exhaust. Exciting!


One of the clay modelers decided I needed an Pterodactyl hood ornament.





Out with the old...


 In with the new...


 The exhaust clamp sent with the kit is a total p.o.s. so I wound up marking the two tubes once they were aligned on the car, then taking the whole exhaust off and welding it up.  While not quite a "stack-o-dimes" my welding is improving.


Up next will be installing new spark plugs, wires, air filter, fire bottle, SFI padding kill switch, brake lines, rotors, pads, springs, shocks, sway bars, wheel bearings, wheels and tires, but then it should be track ready.  KAAKAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment