Monday, December 5, 2011

More Stuff done and stuff


Hard top purchased!  Found Ol' Ned selling a hard top miata on craigslist and asked him if he would be willing to part with just the top.  He agreed and after an exciting 3-hour trek through swamp land Florida, the top was mine.  Side note, Ned's daughter was named Nedera.





The garage I have always wanted


I spent most of the day removing various A/C and power steering components. Then I went about installing my shiny new radiator.



 After I ran out of things to do on the engine side I went about making the seat mounts.  In an effort to do as little fabricating as possible I cut to length two pieces 1-1/4 X 3/16 steel strap and then bent them to align with the existing factory seat mounts.  After drilling holes and attaching the straps I placed the seat on top and firgured out where I wanted it.  Then it was just a matter of marking and drill the seat.  I should be able to shim the mounts in between the seat and the strap in order to fine tune the lay-back angle.





 I created a list of To-Do and To-Order, so now its just a matter of finishing the list. Should be easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment