Monday, January 2, 2012


A lot has happened since my last post, I will try to recap.  First I received new plugs, wires and air filter from my favorite supplier...JEGGGGGS

Old versus new comparison

Then my shocks and springs came in the mail ...

So I went about taking of the old and replacing with the new

I did a basic alignment of just setting the lower control arms to full negative camber, then went about mounting the fire extinguisher.  Side note my extinguisher mount has quite the O-face.

Next I went about removing the stock oil pressure sender and plumbed my aftermarket oil pressure gauge.  It was a pain in the ass and took forever because I could only get a 1/16th of a turn at a time

I changed the oil and then had the great idea of trying to fit Chris's roadster's wheels and tires on Sandy, but not before taking a sweet phote

They fit! Kind of

I put the car on the scales without disconnecting the sway bars or checking tire pressures just cause.

With me in the car and the huge wheels and tires 2344 lbs.  Meaning I should be able to add some ballast to make the 2400lb minimum weight.

That's all for now, I think I am going to try and autocross the car with these wheels and tires until I can afford to buy my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment